Friday, September 10, 2010

Five Question Friday & Friday Five

So this Friday's Five questions are rather emotional in the sense that we are remembering what happened during the 9/11 bombing. I know you guys remember that. Although I am not from the US, I do remember that and have followed the news and mourned together with you guys. Today challenge is to remember your 9/11 experience.


Unlike my foreign friends, especially from the US, it was less traumatic for me since I am miles away but that didn't stop me from crying and feeling the sorrow of peoples lost and traumatic experiences. As I remember that day I woke up late because I watched dvd all night long. My partner and I stayed in the house to relax. We don't really watch news  regularly and often late in what's happening around the world. 


But suddenly I feel like watching t.v. So I opened the t.v and there I was confronted with the terror of aerial bombing in the US. It was such a shock. Until now, when I remember the event or see picture, I still cry. I still feel the pain. I still mourn with the families who lost their love ones.


On a lighter note, here are today's Five Question Friday





1. Do you feel guilty spending money on yourself?
** before I did. I was always thinking of ways to avoid buying something for myself and thinking of ways on how that money can contribute to the household. But now, since I am earning sufficiently, I allot a little for myself. Well the only addiction that I have are books, so it's quite cheaper and guilt free to invest right?

2. How well do you know your neighbors?
** Well that depends. I live together with my partner and I go home to my mom who lives in the province. I don't know anybody here in the metro but I do see faces often. Occasional Hi and Hellos. But when I go home to my mom, I know almost anybody. It's actually a small community. I can go inside a neighbors house even if there's nobody home. I know their kids, their relatives, their classmates, almost anything even gossip! :p

3. What age are you looking forward to being?
**30-40. I don't know why women fret coming to this age but I am looking forward to it. Although I can say that I don't know how it feels since I don't see myself getting married any time now, I want to see what I becomes at that age. And yes I still want to have a child before that but it doesn't mean I need to get married. :)

4. Do you get excited when the mail comes? Why?
** No. I don't use snail mail, if that still exist. I don't get books from authors like some of my blogger friends for review purposes. The only time I am excited is when I know that I bought books and it will be delivered.

5. What is your earliest childhood memory?
** Earliest childhood memory is me climbing up the dresser and looking for my Christmas present that my dad bought. It was two weeks before Christmas and I can't resist the temptation of peeking. And yeas, I got caught! Lol.




9 comments:

  1. Hi new friend! It's weird, I'm not afraid of flying...I don't even think I was afraid the first time I was on a plane after 9/11. Everything else...totally afraid! I look for exit signs no matter where I am, I hate crowds...stuff like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. :) Well everybody was entitled to get paranoid especially after what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always snuck a look at our presents before hand. My sister knew all the hiding places and then our parents got smart and hid our presents at a friends house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for showing tribute to that awful day in our country!

    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Di. Thinking about it, I realize I always do it before Christmas. It was fun seeing your gifts but the excitement isn't there anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth. It's great to remember something that change everybody but sad to remember all we've lost during the tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for stopping by my blog!
    I'm now following you and look forward to your posts.

    Have a great weekend,
    Shopper Gal
    http://www.shopppergal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for stopping by my blog! For only having been around 2 months you're doing amazing! Lots of fun on this blog of yours!

    For a minute I had to think about whose blog this was... since we have the same background (You have great taste!)!

    I love these five questions... looks like my truth thursday posts when I'm not busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen. Thanks for stopping by. Indeed. I also had the same funny feeling a while ago. :) It's a fun background right? I try to experiment with it, changing from a theme to another. I just stick with this one. :) Have a great weekend Jen.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive