Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Review: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

The Girl with the Dragon TattooTitle: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy #1)
Author: Stieg Larsson
Pages: 600 pages
Publisher: Vintage Crime / Black Lizard
ISBN: 0307454541
Mikael Blomkvist, a once-respected financial journalist, watches his professional life rapidly crumble around him. Prospects appear bleak until an unexpected (and unsettling) offer to resurrect his name is extended by an old-school titan of Swedish industry. The catch--and there's always a catch--is that Blomkvist must first spend a year researching a mysterious disappearance that has remained unsolved for nearly four decades. With few other options, he accepts and enlists the help of investigator Lisbeth Salander, a misunderstood genius with a cache of authority issues. Little is as it seems in Larsson's novel, but there is at least one constant: you really don't want to mess with the girl with the dragon tattoo. --Dave Callanan

Review:

I love reading thriller and mysteries, and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo was worth it with every turn of a page. It was fast paced, a lot of twist and turns. I actually kept thinking throughout the book. Even after reading the book, I still think about it. Stieg Larsson wrote an incredible good read. The only comment that I will make though is that, the order of the scenes should have been different. The affair between the Millennium magazine and Wennerström should have been written before the ending and not as the ending. It would have had a better impact if the story about Harriet was the last to be read. Another is that, well it's Swedish names i think so I had a hard time remembering the names and there were too many individuals that was written when Larsson should have just left it out.

If you love a good mystery and likes a twisty plot, you should pick up the book. It definitely made me want more.

6 comments:

  1. It's not really my genre, but it sounds interesting for sure.

    Story Time Under the Stars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm visiting (& following ) from The Tuesday Book Lovers Blog Hop. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by Linda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from the Tuesday Book Lovers - not my genre but sounds like a great read for my mother in law for Christmas! I think I've found part of her gift ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one has been in my TBR pile for awhile. I think I may put it at the top of the pile now. Great review. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really think it is interesting that you wanted to change some of it around that way.

    Thank you for participating in the Book Lover’s Blog Hop @ Story Time Under the Stars. I hope you will link up and participate in this week’s Book Lover’s Blog Hop as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive