Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Reading Challenge Oct 1st - Dec 31st: YA Dystopia?

As I was browsing through my fellow bloggers post I bumped into Bart's Bookshelf and instantly got interested in the challenge that he just posted. It's a YA Dystopia reading challenge. So why the interest? First of all I don't know what are YA novels. I mean I don't really take note on a book category so I don't know if the present book I am reading or have read are YA books and now I read a YA Dystopia. So I got curious.


As I read YA Dystopia is, wikipedia as the source, is the vision of a society in which conditions of life are miserable and characterized by povertyoppressionwarviolence,diseasepollutionnuclear fallout and/or the abridgement of human rights, resulting in widespread unhappiness,suffering, and other kinds of pain.


Reading through the rules, I've decided to do Level 3.




Rule is to read a minimum of 5 ya dystopia books starting Oct 1st to Dec 31st of this year. You can list down your reads but not a necessary requirement. So since I am not familiar with this genre, and as I said I wanted to expand my reading genre, I went to his featured list titled "50+ Fantastic Young Adult Dystopian Novels" and made it as referring for choosing my books.


Hunger Trilogy by Suzanne Collins I have decided instantly since I have not read a single novel from the series, that's a convenience. :)


The Hunger GamesCatching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games)Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games)


But for the other books I had a hard time choosing. Since i am not familiar with this genres I am lost. I found these two series interesting but I am still undecided.


The Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld


Uglies (Uglies Trilogy, Book 1)Pretties (Uglies Trilogy, Book 2)Specials (The Uglies)Extras (Uglies)


The Chaos Walking Series by Patrick Ness


The Knife of Never Letting Go: Chaos Walking: Book OneThe Ask and the Answer: Chaos Walking: Book TwoMonsters of Men: Chaos Walking: Book Three

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog. I think I'm going to be doing the reading challenge too. Like you I haven't read the Hunger Games books; so, those are definitely going on my list. I'm interested to hear what you think of the Uglies series. I tried to read them like two years ago and couldn't get into them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Welcome aboard. I hope you have a great time with the challenge, you've certainly got some great books on there to pick from. :D

    The Chaos Walking series are some of my favourite books ever, no mater what the genre or age range they are aimed at!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive