Monday, September 27, 2010

Review: Jenny Pox by Jeff Bryan

Jenny PoxTitle: Jenny Pox
Author: JL Bryan
Pages: 292
Publisher: CreateSpace
ISBN: 1453728406
Source: Author
Jenny is a shy, small-town South Carolina girl whose touch spreads a deadly supernatural plague. She can't touch anyone for long without killing them. Her life is painfully lonely until she meets a boy named Seth with the opposite power, a healing touch. Jenny's love for Seth brings the wrath of Seth's beautiful, popular and devious girlfriend, Ashleigh, who secretly wields the most dangerous power of all--the power to inspire love.


Review:

If you love gore/action + a good plot then you should definitely pick up this book. I was intrigued first knowing that there are 3 main characters to the story, all of which has their own powers and ability that is totally different from each other. Each person is connected with one another, stories dating back through time.

People can definitely relate to these characters because Bryan captured the life that teens live through each day and just added the fantasy/horror spin into the mix. I can't say this is solely YA or fantasy, not the typical horror novel but a little mix of everything.

What I noticed is that the first chapter was a little flat but as you continue to read the book, the story builds up giving you different key information of the book. I definitely had my "What now?", "Yuck!" and "huh?" moments throughout the book but finishing it, everything fitted together.

If you intend to find new authors and expand your genre like me, grab this novel. You'll never regret picking it up.





4 comments:

  1. Also participating in the September spectacular Reading Challenge, I thought I'd stop by and say hello. A great review, thanks for the recommendation, You mention gory - just how gory?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading a vivid description of how Jenny as pestilence uses her power of disease to other people, with all the puss and liquid coming out of her is gory enough for me.

    There's a scene in the book where she uses this power with a number of people, just imagining the carnage makes me want to rethink happy thought. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bookdout. It is great to hear that you enjoy this book. You should watch out for The Dying Times: Nadene's Story by Brian Kittrell. I'll be posting the review next week.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive