Friday, September 17, 2010

Review: The Killing Dance by Laurell K. Hamilton

The Killing Dance (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, Book 6)
Title: The Killing Dance (The Vampire Hunter #6: Anita Blake Series)
Author:
Laurell K. Hamilton
Pages:
400
Publisher: Jove
ISBN: 0515134511

Dating both a vampire and a werewolf isn't easy. But just to complicate Anita's already messy life, someone has put a price on her head. Love cannot save her this time, so she turns to Edward, hitman extraordinaire, for help. But finding the person behind the threat won't be easy, because as both a vampire hunter and zombie reanimator, Anita has made a lot of enemies-both human and otherwise.

Review:


Unlike the previous book, Bloody Bones, this was a fast read. I had finished this in one sitting. :) The adventure and hard core action get higher a notch as Anita get into serious trouble and complications. The series is very detailed and graphic that I often imagine myself as if I am in the book and witnessing itself like watching a movie. Since I have read the entire series, not including the 18 and 19th books, I can say that this is the start of a very complicated life to Anita as if her life isn't complicated enough with her two lovers right?

With the clash of power between creatures and supernatural, Anita tries to keep balance and avoids a messy life which is not likely to happened to her. I had to many "What the. . . ..." Ahhhh, but wait??" in this book and until now that keeps bugging me. I keep asking myself what the big deal about dominance is in this book, I get the master-servant thing but to point it out every time becomes a drag.

Another shocker was my taste of Hamilton's erotica in this book. I mean, it's not for teens. :)) I am a very visual reader, if there is a term, when I read I visualize immediately. So you might have known what happened after I read that part. * snickers*

Overall, the book was amazing. I'm pro Jean-Claude and this book gave him brownie points big time!! :) And the question that bugs me, how can a vampire impregnate their partner? I mean, when you die your egg cells or sperm dies as well right? So how does a vampire impregnated his partner????





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive