Thursday, October 14, 2010

BTT - Booking Through Thursday (Oct 14)

If you could rewrite the ending of any book, which book would it be? And how would you change it?

There are a lot of books that I would like the ending to be rewritten. I would particularly would like to read a book where a main character dies, or doesn't end up with the person s/he loves. I am not a gloomy person but I want to read a book that happens in real life. That most of us can relate.

I have this belief that books somewhat made a happier version of life to people. Most books always has that happy ending. For once, I would like to read a book that is tragic and sad because that's what everybody experience most in their life. There's no fairy tale ending and not every heroine saves the world.

Am I being negative??? Lol. Maybe that is why I am not a novelist huh! :)

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I love my happy endings. And yes real life can have happy endings. Take mine, I married my Prince Charming and here we are 52+ years later and I am still happy with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, here from Booking Through Thursday. I AM a novelist, and I love writing the sorts of endings you're talking about. I don't know if you read fantasy at all, but you might want to try the A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin (first book is A Game of Thrones http://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-Song-Fire-Book/dp/0553573403). George definitely isn't afraid to kill people or thwart their happy endings. He's infamous for it. It's very light on the fantasy, very heavy on the gritty realism of a medieval world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ann. Good for you. :) You're one of the lucky people who had their happy endings. Wish life was like that, but life isn't worth livin' without the complications right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ow wow! Nice suggestion Rachel. I am definitely putting the books on my list! I love the combination. Thank you for pointing me to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually prefer realistic endings, too. Happy or sad, I want them to be something that might actually happen in the real world. Which is probably why I don't read much fantasy anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are a ton of books out there that don't have happy endings! I've read a few, but I prefer the happy endings for the exact reason you stated. There's enough misery and pain in the world, I don't need to read about it in my fiction too. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive