Thursday, October 7, 2010

Review: The 7th Victim by Alan Jacobson

The 7th VictimTitle: The 7th Victim
Author: Alan Jacobson


Format:eBook
Pages: 352
ASIN: B001KWJHVA

The Dead Eyes Killer lurks in the backyard of the famed FBI Profiling Unit. His brutal murders confound the local task force, despite the gifted profiling skills of Special Agent Karen Vail. But along with Vail’s insight and expertise comes considerable personal and professional baggage.
On leave pending a review of her assault on her abusive ex-husband, Vail must battle forces determined to bring her down, as she fights to find Dead Eyes before he murders more young women. But the seventh victim is the key to all that stirs this killer...the key that will unlock secrets perhaps too painful for Vail to bear. These are secrets that threaten to destroy her, secrets that will bring down her storied career. For Karen Vail, the truth rests at the heart of a lie. And uncovering it could get her killed...

Review:

This book was a a great book, hands down. I definitely enjoyed how Jacobson pictured a detailed crime scene, how he built each character in the story and how he twisted the plot in every possible way.

When I started reading the book, I was instantly hooked. I couldn't put it down until I finished it. It was definitely worth my time. I just wished Jacobson built Karen's (main character) as strong as she should be being a profiler. I just thought that the character was somewhat week or lacking as how I had pictured her.

The story definitely had it's low points, and I don't want to go into details to not give out spoilers but the low points of the book is just 1% of the whole novel. Had an unexpected twist. When I thought I knew how the story would end, Jacobson injected brilliant twist to the plot that can make think twice. I can say all in all that it is a great book to read, worth buying and definitely worth sharing to others. Because of this great read, I may have to check for Jacobson's first and second novel.

This book is definitely for the thrill seekers, murder mystery fanatics and the curious minds of people who are fascinated with criminal profiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive