Sunday, October 10, 2010

Review: Cerulean Sins by Laurell K. Hamilton

Title: Cerulian Sins (The Vampire Hunter #11: Anita Blake Series)
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
Pages: 560
Publisher: Jove
ISBN: 0515136816
Vampire hunter Anita Blake learns what it's like to be at the new end of a centuries-old bloodline-and just how far she'll let herself get pushed around.
Review:

I am again disappointed. I don't know what happened to the series after Blue Moon. From a plateau, it went down and fast. I used to love Anita, don't get me wrong I still love the series but I just think that the plot of the series was lost with all erotic scenes and the coming of the ardeur.

I have come to the point where I skip all the sexy scenes to where the action is and I am left with only a few pages to read. I mean that's a great degrade to the previous books that the series had. The sense in the plot seems to go nowhere, the characters just gets bad every time, the ending are flat.

I can still recommend this novel to people who love the supernatural but with caution. I can tolerate erotica at some point but too much of it - that I can't handle. Would still be reading until the end of the series due to curiosity of how the story will progress and what the characters would be like but not as in love with the series like before.

I do hope Hamilton turns the series around. Such a great series to go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive