Monday, October 11, 2010

Review: Incubus Dreams + Micah by Laurell K. Hamilton

Incubus Dreams (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, Book 12)Book: Incubus Dreams (The Vampire Hunter #12: Anita Blake Series)
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
Pages: 752
Publisher: Jove
ISBN: 0515139750

Vampire hunter Anita Blake finds her life is more complicated than ever, caught as she is between her obligations to the living-and the undead.

Review:

Sex and power became boring, just to sum up the review. Anita's character was once the strong female heroine that you would love to read until Blue Moon. The series just revolves around sex, not just casual sex but frequent casual sex making it a priority due to complications which is not likable to me.

Another thing that bothers me is the too-many sexual partners that Anita keeps. The somewhat acceptable setup that Anita, Nathaniel and Micah has. It's not normal but it happens. Still, I don't get the idea why Hamilton used this twist over the characters. And speaking of character, Hamilton introduced so many characters that I often lost track of who is who and often re-reads or google'd the character just to remember who they are. Hamilton should have concentrated on the main cast and improved the character rather than introduced another.

The new triumvirate is not necessary if you ask me. Too much power, too much sex, too many men, results to excessive whining. If only Hamilton turned the story around, reformulated the plot and "fixed" the character, the series would have been great again..


Micah (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, Book 13)Book: Micah (The Vampire Hunter #13: Anita Blake Series)
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
Pages: 752
Publisher: Jove
ISBN: 0515139750

"RAISING THE DEAD IS EASY. LOVE IS HARD..."
There are lots of reasons to raise the dead-some private, some public. In this case, the feds have a witness who died before he could speak on the record. They want him raised so his testimony can be taken. So here I am, on a plane to Philadelphia, flying off to do my job.
But I'm not alone. Micah is with me. Micah, head of the St. Louis wereleopard pard. King to my Queen. The only one of my lovers who can stir my blood with just a glance from his chartreuse cat's eyes. I was happy to have him at my side.
Until he mentioned that this will be our first time alone together. No Master Vampire. No Alpha Werewolf. Just me and Micah. And all my fears and doubts...

Review:

I never really was interested in Micah character nor thought that the addition of said character was necessary. Of all of Anita's men, Micah is how should I say this - flat? Not likable? Unnecessary?

Whatever that word might be, the meaning is still the same. Why did Hamilton wrote this book? I don't know really but it didn't do any justice to the series. It's just sad how the avid readers of the series seems to be slipping away because of how the story progress from being awesome to this. No word can really describe it. What the reason why I still read the series? I'll give you three. One, I'm an avid fan and will always be. Two, I never abandon a series however the story went. I still enjoy reading the series with all the action but still hoping that the sex part would be lessen. And lastly, I am still praying that Hamilton will turn this series around. I am loyal and I do think that the downhill spiral will change, I just don't know with what book.

To sum it up, do I still recommend the series? Hell yes.
Do I love it as much as I love the first half of the series, no.
Will I still continue reading it? Yes.
Should you read it? Well that depends. As I always say, every reader has their own opinion and flavor in book selection but fair warning to those who doesn't like sex scenes to much, this book is not for you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive