Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Review: Rage by Jackie Morse Kessler

RageBook: Rage (Riders of the Apocalypse #2)
Author: Jackie Morse Kessler
Pages: 228
Date of Publication: April 18, 2011
ISBN: 0547445288
Source: Netgalley
She brought the razor to her inner thighs again and again and again, but with each sting came no release, no comforting numbness that dulled the horror of her life.It wasn’t enough. So she cut again—swiftly, mercilessly.
Missy didn’t mean to cut so deep. But after the party where she was humiliated in front of practically everyone in school, who could blame her for wanting some comfort? Sure, most people don’t find comfort in the touch of a razor blade, but Missy always was . . . different. That’s why she was chosen to become one of the Four Horsemen Apocalypse: War. Now Missy wields a different kind of blade--a big, brutal sword that can cut down anyone and anything in her path.
But it’s with this weapon in her hand that Missy learns something that could help her triumph over her own pain: control. A unique approach to the topic of self-mutilation, RAGE is the story of a young woman who discovers her own power, and refuses to be defeated by the world.


Review:

"Thou art War. Though art the Red Rider of the Apocalypse. Rock on!"

Rage is the 2nd book of the 4 part installment by Kessler. Like the first book, Hunger, I was blown by the story. I was adamant at first to read the series because I believe it is focus on teen issues but was intrigue how Kessler puts a twist on injecting the idea of using the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Rage is the story about Missy, a teenage girl who is battling her inner struggles of pain and depression, and constantly cuts herself. With her problems at home, at school and with her friends; Missy lives her life in separation and finds control after she cuts herself. I suddenly realize that I connect with Missy in some level. Being along and unwanted, I feel invisible and taken for granted, I feel extreme pain and sorrow yet I still live my life and find other ways to channel my feelings. With this book - I realize that I must channel my feelings and accept the inner me. The hell with what people think.

Rage was an extremely good read! I was instantly hooked just reading the first few paragraphs. There is a part of the book that when I was reading it I realized that I was holding my breathe and was anxious what happens in the next pages. And when I was reading it, I dropped everything that I did just to finish it. A must buy book, this is a great book to give as gifts to people you care plus it has a cool cover! :)

Can't wait to read the third book. Wondering what Horseman would Kessler be writing about.

4 comments:

  1. I've been hearing a lot about this series and I really want to read it. I think it's a really interesting and creative way to bring serious teen issues to light. Glad to hear you enjoyed this one as much as the first, I'll definitely have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to read your review of this...I am on the list for Hunger at the library and hope to get it soon...good to know that the second is just as good as the first :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa. If you are interested in the series, it's available in Netgalley. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. TheBookGirl. I like the second book better. :) I can't wait for the third one to be available. Though technically, Hunger isn't released yet. Lol

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive