Sunday, October 24, 2010

YAspooktacular: A Soul Laid Bare - Story 2, Part 6


Sami stepped away from Dylan quickly, gasping as she backed into a newel post with a
stuffed white owl attached to the top. The stiff clawed talons stuck in her hair and she untangled
them, in pain, while still keeping her focus on Dylan.
Surely she hadn’t seen what she thought she had – his eyes turning to the same obsidian black as the man in her dream. In Tonya’s dream.
“I’ll settle on the side of good then. Cosmic balance and all that.”
“Right,” Dylan nodded, his eyes suddenly leaving hers and moving to something behind
her on the stairs.
Someone.
Sami turned around.
“Rosie.” She was dressed exactly like Sami, from the black dress to the black wig to
the black fishnet stockings. They’d decided to be sexy witches, and in the costumes only their
cleavage differed. Rosie’s was considerably more impressive. Sami looked back at Dylan and
felt her heart drop in her incomparable chest when she saw him notice.
“I can’t believe you had the nerve to wear my costume.” Rosie spat the words at her.
“It was supposed to be our costume,” Sami said defensively, trying to keep her hurt
hidden. “Why did you wear it?”
“Because it looks good on me.” Rosie sashayed the rest of the way down the stairs to
the beat of the bass from the DJ booth. Then she stood up on her tiptoes to kiss Dylan on the
cheek. “Don’t you agree?”
Dylan let go with a low chuckle. “I think you both look amazing.”
Sami looked back and forth between the two of them, her heart racing. But not because of
the awkward kiss.
Because the Colonial Witchcraft book, that was supposed to be at home between her box springs and mattress, was in her ex-best friend’s hand.

Story is provided by Myra McEntire

Previous story, Part 5 of Story 2 - YA Bookie Monster
Next story, Part 7 of Story 2 - The Secret Life of a Bibliophile

Comment on each post posted by various bloggers so you can follow what happens to the story. Some of the post will include either a Treat or a Trick so watch out for that. On the 29th come back again for the chance to enter the grand prize and guess what? Everybody can join!

For a chance to gain extra entries and win extra prizes, enter the the ToTs. And today is well a . .. . . . TRICK. :) Click the button below.

The trick is simple: Carve/paint/decorate pumpkins in book themes (a title, characters, whatever)
Don't forget that you can read and participate in the other story. Two stories, 7 days, more chance of winning. So don't forget to check everyday. ;)




40 comments:

  1. This story is so good! I can't get enough of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm beginning to think that's an evil book, and Sami should slap her ex-bestie...I love Myra's writings, its always so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm I think Sami is going to need some help if she's going to take on a witch and a wizard who are both shallow jerks on top of everything else

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. X bestfriends are always something to be weary of...can't wait to read what happens next. Tomorrow is so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh snap. Now i am dieing to know what happening between Rosie and Sami and what's Dylan after? So much to discover. I can't wait until tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder how she got that back?

    jlynettes @ hotmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a little confused - did Dylan's eyes turn black, or ARE they black? I may have mis-read something.
    This post = amazing! Back to the action :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Rosie is not a simple girl... May the witch costume be more than a costume?

    milagp1@yahoo.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  10. Her xbesti is a total b*tch. But the drama is amazing!~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Her xbestie is a total b*itch. But the drama is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh man is a love triangle forming? loving it!! and very curious to learn what exactly happened between sami and rosie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh snap! I would have slapped Rosie. xP But that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maybe Dylan and Rosie are working together! Maybe they're BOTH evil? I foresee some crazy twists in this story.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maybe Rosie and Dylan are working together. Maybe they're BOTH evil! I foresee some crazy twists in this story.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how each part is so twisty turny! Gah, can't wait to read more...

    ReplyDelete
  17. This part is way too short! I want more, but now I have to wait until tomorrow. Great installment!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hate that Rosie kissed him! It's intriguing that Rosie has the book.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hate that Rosie kissed him. Ugh. Very intriguing that Rosie has the book.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a twist.

    bacchus76 at myself dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Okay so is it about the book or the boy, hummmm. Ditch the ex friend she just there to stir the pot.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So the book is magical too or maybe Dylan called to it and it came to him.

    ReplyDelete
  23. How did the book end up there?! Bad best friend, too?

    fabgiada (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I want to know how Rosie got the book.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really don't know what to think of some of the characters now. Who's good? Who's evil? :S
    Hope I find out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow!! Whats with the book? and How did Rosie get it?? Whats next I cannot wait to find out!!

    Kristen
    My Bloody Fairy Tale

    ReplyDelete
  27. How did Rosie get the book? Are Dylan and her working together? I can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What is up with Rosie and what happen between them. I waht to know what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I want to know what is up with Rosie. what happened between them. I want to know whats next!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Something is definitely up with Dylan. Nothing is ever "just your imagination"!
    Rosie sounds horrible! It's too bad that friends turn so ugly so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I wonder what is up with Rosie. I find it hard to believe they were such good friends based on her attitude here. Also, not liking Dylan so much at the moment either.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What's up with Rosie? and with the book?

    ReplyDelete
  33. So Rosie kisses him and then she gets the book? I think she's just plain evil

    ReplyDelete
  34. Okay, what?! Rosie, to sneaky girl, what have you been up to with Mr. Slick Wizard? Dun dun dunnn!

    ReplyDelete
  35. why the heck does rosie have the book?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive