Saturday, November 27, 2010

Off The Shelf Challenge & The Dystopia Challenge 2011

As of this post I've already decided to participate in 2 reading challenges for 2011 and now I am adding 2 new more challenges that I found interesting.

Both reading challenges are hosted by Bookish Ardour. The first one is Off The Shelf Challenge where I will be reading books that I had purchased prior to the start date of the challenge which is January 2011 so that the pile will lessen. Book that is bought after or on January will not be counted.

Off The Shelf!


Just thinking now I think I fall under Making A Dint which is 30 books or more but I am still not sure. I have to gather all those books that I know are somewhere here. Lol.

If you want to participate you can view the complete guideline HERE.

I will edit this post to list down all the books that I will be reading for the challenge by the end of December or early January.

Next stop is another reading challenge that I decided to participate since I wasn't able to participate in a similar reading challenge for this year.

I first encounter the Dystopia genre after reading and deciding to participate with Bart Bookshelf's Dystopia Challenge, unfortunately I wasn't expecting the amount of book requests from authors as well as my own reviews from books that I bought. Also another factor was the short time span since I discovered the challenge around September I think.

Dystopia Challenge
For Bookish Ardour Dystopia Challenge I think I'll fall under Drone which is to read atleast 50 books.

Since I am not really familiar with the genre, I also decided to still use the books that I chose for the previous dystopia challenge. Some of the books are:
  1. The Hunger Games
  2. Catching Fire
  3. Mockingjay
  4. Uglies
  5. Pretties
  6. Specials
  7. Extras
  8. The Knife Of Never Letting Go
  9. The Ask And The Answer
  10. Monsters of Men
  11. 1984
  12. Fahrenheit 451
  13. I Am Legend
  14. The Giver
  15. Gathering Blue
  16. Messenger
  17. Among The Hidden
  18. Among The Impostor
  19. Among The Betrayed
  20. Among The Barons
  21. Among The Brave
  22. Among The Enemy
  23. Among The Free
  24. Little Brother
  25. The Super-naturalist
  26. Wither
  27. Awaken
  28. Coraline
  29. V for Vendetta
  30. Player Piano
  31. The Running Man
  32. Neuromancer
  33. The Handmaid's Tale
  34. Under The Dome
  35. Battle Royale
  36. Exodus
  37. XVI
  38. Unidentified
  39. Across The Universe
  40. The Opium of The People
  41. Bumped
  42. The Dark Inside
  43. Alliance
  44. Tales of the Whosawhachits: Key Holder of the Realms Book 1
  45. Tales of the Whosawhachits: Enter the 5th Realm Book 2
  46. Epic
  47. Lockdown
  48. Sapphique
  49. Incarceron
  50. All These Things I've done
The Hunger Games: Book 1Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games)Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games)Uglies (Uglies Trilogy, Book 1)Pretties (Uglies Trilogy, Book 2)Specials (The Uglies)Extras (Uglies)The Knife of Never Letting Go: Chaos Walking: Book OneThe Ask and the Answer: Chaos Walking: Book TwoMonsters of Men: Chaos Walking: Book ThreeNineteen Eighty-FourFahrenheit 451I Am LegendThe GiverGathering BlueAmong the Hidden (Shadow Children #1)Among the ImpostersAmong the BetrayedAmong the Barons (Shadow Children)Among the Brave (Shadow Children)Among the Enemy (Shadow Children)Among the Free (Shadow Children)Little BrotherThe SupernaturalistWither (The Chemical Garden Trilogy)AwakenCoraline [Mass Market Paperback]V for VendettaPlayer PianoThe Running ManNeuromancerThe "Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood (York Notes Advanced) by Stephen King Under the Dome, A Novel 1 editionBattle RoyaleExodusXVIThe UnidentifiedAcross the UniverseThe Opium of the PeopleAllianceTales of the Whosawhachits: Key Holder of the Realms Book 1Tales of the Whosawhachits: Enter the 5th Realm Book 2EpicLockdown: Escape from Furnace 1 (Escape from Furnace (Quality))SapphiqueIncarceron (Incarceron, Book 1)

I don't know if I'll participate in other reading challenges for 2011 since as of now I am on 4, but let's see. A year is a long period of time for a book lover like me. :)

So what 2011 reading challenges are you participating? Do share.


11 comments:

  1. Hi! I have an award for you here:

    http://theenchantedbook.blogspot.com/2010/11/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Selena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing only the dystopia challenge because three challenges in 2011' might be more than enough :>
    Good luck on them! Also new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far, I've signed up for four challenges for 2011:

    Off The Shelf (mentioned above)
    Gothic Reading Challenge (http://gothicreadingchallenge.blogspot.com/p/sign-up-post_25.html)
    Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge (http://www.thebookvixen.com/2010/11/2011-reading-challenge-sign-up-outdo.html)
    Victorian Literature Challenge (http://subtlemelodrama.blogspot.com/p/victorian-literature-challenge.html)

    I'm also sponsoring (and reading for) a challenge of my own:
    The Vintage Mystery Reading Challenge (http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/11/2011-vintage-mystery-reading-challenge.html)

    I'm going to be very busy....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the second challenge sounds very good! I love Dystopian novels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's one you might want to add Restoring Harmony by Joelle Anthony. I read a review of it here:
    http://everythingtodowithbooks.blogspot.com/2010/11/restoring-harmony-by-joelle-anthony.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great challenge. I just posted about finding a new challenge that may be good for me, but I am hesitant because my TBR pile is so huge. This is exactly the one I need to do because it will encourage me to read the books I already own. Awesome. Good luck on your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining in Greyz; I wanted to pay you a visit to welcome you to the challenge.

    If you need any more books for the Dystopia one let me know. I have a list of recommendations at my other blog and know of a few other sites with lists of Dystopian novels, contemporary and classics.

    I hope you have fun with both challenges, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Selena, thanks for the award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bev, indeed you'll be busy for 2011. Well I think some of the books can be used for another challenge but good luck with all the challenges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dutchi, thank you for dropping by. :) If I do need other dystopia titles, I'll drop by and ask a couple of suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All - Thank you for dropping by guys. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive