Friday, November 26, 2010

Review: Once In A Full Moon by Ellen Schreiber

Once in a Full MoonTitle: Once In A Full Moon
Author: Ellen Schreiber
Pages: 304
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
ISBN: 006198650X
Source: Netgalley

Beware of a kiss under the full moon. It will change your life forever.
Celeste Parker is used to hearing scary stories about werewolves—Legend's Run is famous for them. She's used to everything in the small town until Brandon Maddox moves to Legend's Run and Celeste finds herself immediately drawn to the handsome new student. But when, after an unnerving visit with a psychic, she encounters a pack of wolves and gorgeous, enigmatic Brandon, she must discover whether his transformation is more than legend or just a trick of the shadows in the moonlight.
Her best friends may never forgive her if she gives up her perfect boyfriend, Nash, for Brandon, who's from the wrong side of town. But she can't deny her attraction or the strong pull he has on her. Brandon may be Celeste's hero, or he may be the most dangerous creature she could encounter in the woods of Legend's Run.
Psychic predictions, generations-old secrets, a town divided, and the possibility of falling in love with a hot and heroic werewolf are the perfect formula for what happens . . . once in a full moon.

Review:

Look at the cover. Seriously. That's the only thing I like about this book. Sad as it is, the book was a let down. Honestly, the first interest I had with this book was because of the lovely cover. I was excited to read the book although I am not a werewolf fan.

I hated almost everything about the book. The only aspect I like about the book is the realistic portrayal of the characters which indeed happens to real people minus the werewolf part. Celeste was smart, beautiful, down to earth yet she stick to her pathetic friends. Abby and Ivy are the typical brats that you see everyday were shopping, boys and being popular are the only highlight of their day. The boyfriends are .. . . well typical. I was so wanting to love the book while reading it but there was nothing to love including Brandon and his super hot bod who became a werewolf that sported a goatee. Yes you've read right. How many werewolves have you read that had a goatee when they change?  Well this is my first time reading it and my reaction was ,"What???"

What I like about werewolves is their being hairy and scary. Bad ass. But I didn't get that with this book. The psychic was typical as well. Attention-seeker-wannabe. The ending of the book was also a let down. You have to read it to understand what I am saying.

I haven't read any books by Schreiber but I hear her Vampire Kisses are great. Now I am seriously thinking if I'll still give it a chance. I feel sadden of what I have to say about the book seeing that a lot of people love the book. Maybe the book is not for me.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the cover yeah. I am currently halfway through this novel and I would give it 2/5 stars of less... But I will continue...reluctantly...
    Thanks for your honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame. Mind you, I do like werewolf stories so I might have a different view on it. Good honest review. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive