Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Review: The Second Half Of Life by Sionna Cailey

The Second Half of LifeTitle: The Second Half of Life
Author: Sionna Cailey
File Size: 286 KB
Format: eBook
ASIN: B0043M4NX6
Source: Author

Tequila, magic and rock and roll set the stage for midlife rebellion when the Committee for the Disaffected decides that the ancient art of witchcraft is the only way to rev up their boring small-town lives. Aidan, Kathy and Diana soon discover they’re not the only witches in town, and the local coven holds the secret to a cursed stone, inhabited by a demon that will grant your heart’s desire. This demon is a sultry succubus that wants to know what’s in it for her, and she doesn’t give you what you wish for; she gives you what she thinks you deserve.
Aidan desires the attentions of a handsome young musician, only to discover that he was already in love – with his bandmate. Kathy longs for financial security, but when fortune strikes, it reveals her husband’s true nature. Longing to be a respected author, Diana becomes an overnight success – but it’s her kinky erotica that everyone wants, and her humiliated husband decides to put his foot down.
Magical wishes always come with a high price tag – and they’re just not sure they can afford it.

Review:

The story starts of with a group of three women wanting to find ways of making their life better thus forming the group called Committee of the Disaffected which focuses on witchcraft when they didn't find anything to do anymore. Their venture into witchcraft resulted in knowing about the demon who granted wishes and their deepest desires. They wanted that wish, and they got it. Did their wish gave them happiness or something else?


When I first read the book, I was hooked of how easy to read it was. The characters were lovable with their independent charisma. Their story felt real because it's what everyday people experience and go through. I experience sympathy, I laughed, I gritted my teeth of anger, and I related with the characters. That's what I like in a book. But there are some points that I do want to point out. First, the story telling was quite slow, the book felt short because of that. The good part didn't come until half of the novel. Then when I was reading through the climax, I hoped it was expanded more. Cailey should have incorporated a witchcraft elements more. But regardless of the short comings, the book was an enjoyable read. I also love the lessons and realizations. I must admit, I loved that more than the witchcraft.

Who can I recommend this book to? Almost everybody. This book is fun, easy to relate, and most especially has a great story.

1 comment:

  1. Stopping in from Cym's. Nice review :). The book sounds interesting. Hope you're having a great week.

    http://bkwalkerbooksetc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive