Thursday, December 2, 2010

BTT - Booking Through Thursday (Dec 2)

How about First Editions? Are they something special? Or “just another book” to you?

Honestly, they are just another book. This may sound stupid in someone else's mind but books can be easily replaced, lost or borrowed unless they are precious in a way that it is irreplaceable. First editions are considered priceless especially if it's signed but for me since I don't own anything signed yet, I don't know the exact feeling of owning a book that is irreplaceable.

If you are a serious collector then first editions are your gems, but for me who buys books in bulk and cheap (some books are an exemptions though) they are just another book. Well maybe in the future I'll change my mind, but as of now that's where I stand. I do admire those collectors with massive book selections.


4 comments:

  1. Yup, I'm with you on this one. I like books but I value the stories inside more than that cover we're not supposed to be judging by. ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're just another book to me, too. I mainly read contemps and first editions really don't matter.

    http://socratesbookreviews.blogspot.com/2010/12/booking-through-thursday-first-editions.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting question, don't you think? I personally am an avid reader, not a collector of books, although, I do own alot.Thank Goodness for EBay!!!! Here's my answer for this week's Booking Through Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not one who would pay the premium for first editions. I don't collect books as a collector, just a reader :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive