Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday (1)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week The Broke and the Bookish will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of their bloggers’ answers. Everyone is welcome to join. To learn more on how to participate, click HERE.


Today's Topic: Top Ten Books I Hope Santa Brings!
  1. Wither by Lauren DeStefano - I was intrigued by the cover and has always been intrigued by the dystopia genre. I would love to read this first before deciding if I'll read the genre or not. :)
  2. Bumped by Megan McCafferty - Another book that I want that I'll learn for DAC. 
  3. Harry Potter Boxset by J.K Rowling - Well . .. .. . Uhhhm. I haven't read a single HP book. You may be thinking, "What?? You haven't read it yet?" yeah I haven't and I've been wanting to read but didn't get a chance to buy a copy. Hehe.
  4. LOTR by J.R.R Tolkien - This is a special request by my partner and her brother. Since I've been wanting to read the series as well, might as well put it in my list. I know that they'll be the one reading this first.
  5. Matched by Ally Condie - There are only a few books that catches my attention, and Matched was one of them. I actually was suppose to buy this a week ago but decided to wait until next year since I bought a lot of books this December.
  6. City Of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare - I haven't read the series yet, but I am planning to buy me a copy plus this lovely to be release in 2011. Some of you might know that I love reading series so I just have to get me a copy of the Mortal Instrument series.
  7. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho *signed* - another request not for me but for my partner. She doesn't like reading books much but when she read The Alchemist, she can't stop talking about it and I think a leather hardbound, signed copy is the perfect gift for her. *wishing for a miracle* Lol. I would even beg and stalked to get one. *kidding*
  8. Frank: The Voice by James Kaplan - I grew up listening to my father's choice in music. Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, etc., and I always love them. So this is a must for me.
  9. Narnia Boxset by C.S Lewis - I must. No explanation needed. Hehe.
  10. Any book that talks about the apocalypse and the four horsemen - I know that this is an unusual choice but I was drawn to the topic and can't seem to find the appropriate book. I don't want the fiction stuff. I want the actual book that talks about the topic. Hmm. Any suggestions??
I am a person who doesn't like lists since I always forget them so this is an effort for me and a way to help me remember things or make my book related stuff organized at some point. :) I know somewhere in my mind, I would want a different book in the list but I just can't dig deep. I am lost in my own head, sometimes a plus but definitely a downer. Tsk.



17 comments:

  1. Bumped and Matched are both books which l would love!
    There are so many books out there to want!
    Books For Company

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had The Alchemist on my shelf forever...your post has reminded me to pick it up soon. I read the biogrpahy of Frank Sinatra written by Kitty Kelley years ago, and I would like to read this new one too.

    Enjoy your holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep thinking about Matched....It looks compelling....

    My list of books I hope Santa brings is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What books am I hoping to get from Santa?

    1. Hunger Games triology box set by Suzanne Collins
    2. Millennium/Girl with the Dragon Tattoo box set by Stieg Larsson
    3. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
    4. Matched by Ally Condie
    5. Vampire Academy box set by Richelle Mead
    6. Of Thee I Sing by President Barack Obama
    7. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
    8. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
    9. Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks
    10. Strange Fate by L.J. Smith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I so want Matched and Wither too, I hear they are so good

    ReplyDelete
  6. @TheBookGirl - I have read it but in haste. I need to re-read it again in 2011. :) I haven't enjoyed it as much as I wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @readerbuzz - Everybody is waiting for MAtched. Looking forward to reading it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Tribute Mama books - I have read the Millennium trilogy and it was amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @blodeuedd - I can't wait to grab me a copy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list- Hope Santa brings you everything you asked for!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gahh!! You've GOT to read HP! And hey, if you get the box set you'll be SET with reading material for the next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been wanting to read both Narnia and The Alchemist. I hope you get them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Matched is on my list too...and I want Bumped and Wither as well! Great list you have

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Alchemist is a wonderful book! A good, bound copy (signed) would be a terrific present.

    Here's my list for Santa: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/12/top-ten-tuesday-wishlist-for-santa.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wither sounds like a good book. I read a little bit of the first chapter somewhere and it def got me interested in it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @MJ - what did you ask for this Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  17. @IngridLola - I do hope that I could read the series next year. It's been a long wait!

    @Letter4no1 - I have the Alchemist and have read it but I think of re-reading it next year.

    @1girl2manybooks - 3 books has been in a lot of list.

    @BevHankins - yeah I think so too! :) It's a dream gift!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive