Monday, January 10, 2011

Book Review: Blameless by Gail Carriger

Blameless (The Parasol Protectorate)Title: Blameless
Author: Gail Carriger
Paperback: 384 pages
Publisher: Orbit (September 1, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0316074152

Review:

Blameless is the third installment in Gail Carriger's The Parasol Protectorate series. The third novel continues picks up where Changeless left. I love this series and I love how Garriger made her series stand out but there are a lot of aspects in the book that I was not that happy about. In Blameless, Alexia is in a tricky situation wherein she tries to survive being killed by vampires and hunted down by her other enemies.

Alexia travels to Italy with Floote and Madam Lefoux to take a break from all the problems that she is facing. One of which is being cast out by her husband for bearing a child that he thinks isn't his. Another is the social dilemma which is connected with the casting out of her husband. and third is being a pregnant preternatural. You will definitely read a lot of Professor Lyall as he tries to save the packs reputation, Lord Akeldama and his drones to uncover a bit of the mystery, the Tunstell couple who are simply adorable and Alexia's estranged family. I so love the side adventure that Garriger wrote in this book.

The cliffhanger ending in Changeless was a disappointment and sad to say but Blameless followed the same path. I also didn't read more of the banter between husband and wife which I love to read as it gives me a good laugh and the reconciliation between husband and wife was somewhat too easy. I felt that Alexia shouldn't have forgiven her husband too quickly but it's not my story to write so I will just have to wait what Miss Garriger's plans on the characters are in book four titled Heartless.

Regardless of the shortcoming of Changeless and Blameless, I am still a fan and will continue to be a fan just because Garigger can definitely write a good story. I am anticipating book four which will be release in July. Readers who haven't read the series should pick their copy.

2 comments:

  1. I've started this book but had to put it down and just haven't gotten around to finishing it. I think I'm too mad about the ending of Changless. :)

    Jennifer (An Abundance of Books)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jennifer - Changeless was a bit disappointing because of how Carriger ended it. I didn't think that Carriger needed that kind of ending to keep her readers reading.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive