Sunday, January 9, 2011

Book Review: Changeless by Gail Carriger

Changeless (The Parasol Protectorate)Title: Changeless
Author: Gail Carriger
Paperback: 400 pages
Publisher: Orbit; 1 edition (April 1, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0316074144

Review:

This is the second book from The Parasol Protectorate series and I am loving it so far. The series is humorous and entertaining like the first book and I love how Carriger wrote each character's lines to be uniquely theirs. The book starts where Soulless ended and this is a series that shouldn't be read stand alone. There a few points that disappointed me in Changeless. One, seems like my favorite character, Lord Akeldama, is not mentioned enough in the book. I know that he's just a supporting character but still. *sigh* Besides Lady Maccon (Alexia Tarabotti) and Lord Maccon, I enjoy reading the supporting character or should I say love them more. I was kind of disappointed to have not read a lot more about Lord Akeldama  and his drones but let see in the next book. The additional character was unexpected and intriguing. I will definitely look forward to reading about them in the next book. Another disappointment is the ending. I know a lot agrees with me on the fact that Carriger is a fantastic author that doesn't need to write a cliffhanger ending just so reader could buy the book. I think by doing so, she lost a few readers thinking that the series will continue with this path but regardless the shortcomings, I am still in love with the series and will continue reading the book and will await what will happen to it's character in the next book.

Do I recommend the book? Yes. Do I recommend the series. Absolutely. But remember that this book shouldn't be read independently as it follows a series, so read Soulless first. :) Again, there is violence in the book and sexual content so guidance to younger readers.



4 comments:

  1. I got the series for my Birthday back in December and I'm really looking forward to reading them. Thanks for recommending :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review :)

    I thought Soulless was so much better than Blameless. I'm sad to say that this book kind of put me off the entire series :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. @TheSlowestBookworm - you should start reading the series though I advice to read it in order. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ladybug - I think the first book was the best of the three maybe because of the ending of Changeless and Blameless. I am looking forward to Heartless in July. Are you planning to read the future novels or stop with Blameless?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive