Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Book Review: Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris

Dead Until Dark: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel
Title: Dead Until Dark
Author: Charlaine Harris
Pages: 336
Publisher: Ace Trade
ISBN: 0441019331

Review:

To be honest, I got interested in the series after I watched in in HBO. For a person who loves vampires, shifters and a strong female heroine I got a copy of the series but wasn't able to read it immediately. I loved how the story was written and how Harris gave us a world of supernatural and humans working together. It's not a new concept actually because a lot of books ventures to this type of set up nowadays but I loved how Harris made it her own.

Sookie is a strong character but is also lovable, sweet, honest and unique. Her uniqueness is the added touch that Harris wrote that I think is great. Bill on the other hand was not that exciting on my point of view. I like Sam better which is weird because I think he's the supporting character. The relationship between Sookie and Bill was okay but not wow. I just felt that Harris could have made it a little exciting especially this is a series. I loved how the story evolved, it was not predictable but it lack the action that I needed especially for a vampire series.

With those points, I feel that the series is okay for now. I would definitely love to read what will happen to Sookie, Bill and Sam. I am interested in how Harris will play with the story and characters. This is definitely for vampire and shifter fanatics, anyone who wants a great read and for the series lovers like me. Warning to younger readers for sexual content and violence. :)

2 comments:

  1. I think I like some of the other secondary males more than Bill too, but I did start to like him more as the series went on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @lisa - Bill is definitely interesting but I have to read more to see if I'll love him. Or maybe I'm just seeing Tv-version Bill of True Blood? Lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive