Monday, January 17, 2011

Book Review: The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

The Iron King (Harlequin Teen)Title: The Iron King
Author: Julie Kagawa
Paperback: 368 pages
Publisher: Harlequin; Original edition (February 1, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0373210086

Review:

I have held back reading this book since receiving it in 2010 which I totally regret today. I should have read this the moment I got it. It was so addicting. Reading the book I can only think of one word: AWESOME! Julie Kagawa gave me a story of love, life, fantasy, action and more. Honestly, the moment I picked up this book, I can't stop reading. I've lost a days work reading the novel but it was all worth it. :)

Meghan Chase lived an ordinary life until her brother Ethan was kidnapped by unknown beings. Meghan was an ordinary girl living life with her mom, Ethan and Luke (step dad) and her best friend Robbie. As strange things happen, Meghan becomes confused and unaware of the journey ahead of her. When Meghan demanded Puck to tell her what's going on, she learns things that she only thought were fiction. In spite the danger, she decides to rescue her brother in a world unknown to her. Fairies, goblins, gremlins, ogre, mermaid are not part of the life that Meghan knew but the story doesn't end there. Meghan will try to save her brother with the help of Puck and a few friends.

Reading The Iron King was a blast. I enjoyed every page of it, every character and the book itself. You must admit that the cover is lovely and I love the vine details in every chapter. Meghan was your typical heroine. Strong and powerful, beautiful, determine, loyal and well stubborn. :) Puck is your typical knight in shining armor. I so love his devotion and love for Meghan even with all the danger. Grimalkin is a great addition to the story. I can't help but picture the cat in Alice In Wonderland. And then there's Ash. Handsome, strong, cold yet helpful and well another love interest for Meghan. Another love triangle that will sure tear people apart for who they want for Meghan. For this book, I'll say that I am team Puck. You've got to love him right?

So to sum it all, this is highly recommended. Definitely part of a series but waiting for the next book is definitely worth it. Julie Kagawa is a force to be reckoned with. Looking forward to what Kagawa will do with the characters on the next book. If you love fantasy, a great plot with magic and elemental creatures you should pick this book up. A fun and fast paced book that everyone should follow and recommend. The series will definitely have a place in my bookshelf!


3 comments:

  1. I was in the same boat as you! I so regretted not reading the book sooner! But at least this way I was able to read all 3 in a row with help from NetGalley and Harper Teen (for providing the first 2 books when I won them in a contest!)

    So love this series now and am in agonizing wait for The Iron Knight!! Glad you liked it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Sounds like a terrific book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh Ive ye to start this series! And seriously, I can't wait any longer. I've heard much good thigns about it and everyone's crazy about it. I have to see that for myself :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive