Saturday, January 22, 2011

Book Review: Lost Voice by Sarah Porter

Lost VoicesTitle: Lost Voice
Author: Sarah Porter
Hardcover: 304 pages
Publisher: Harcourt Children's Books (July 4, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0547482507
Source: Netgalley

Review:

Mermaids are often dreamt by little girls who envy the creatures beauty, allure and elegance of their voices. A few exception to that by some and well mine included is by watching The Little Mermaid. :) The moment I watched The Little Mermaid I was so into the idea of becoming a mermaid. Some wanted to be pretty princess and I wanted to have a tail. Lost Voices is the opposite of that movie in some context.

Sarah Porter wrote Lost Voices so vividly and beautifully that I was so into the book experiencing all the love and gloom of the novel. It is not a happy book this I can tell you as early as now. The story was so sad and almost depressing that you can nearly feel and cry for each mermaid in the story. What I expected in picking up Lost Voices was something romantic and magical, something close to happily ever after. I was expecting so much of the book, expecting something big to happen but the unexpected thing that did happen was the book ending. I was so lost. I didn't know what to think or to feel after reading the last page. It is so emotional that if you are looking for something cheerful to read, you might want to think twice before picking this one up.

If your asking me if the book was good, no questions asked. It was a book that was written beautifully that you can almost feel the water, the fins and every element but for me that was also the sinker. I don't love the book but I don't hate it either. I feel that this book was not for me. I think someone else might enjoy the book.


3 comments:

  1. that was interesting to read about, I'm excited for this one though, even though I haven't read any mermaid books before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very interesting, emotional book! I didn't love it nor hate it either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, fair review in that I understand why you think this was a good book, just not for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive