Thursday, January 13, 2011

BTT: Booking Through Thursday (Jan 13)

Do you remember the first book you bought for yourself? Or the first book you checked out of the library? What was it and why did you choose it?

If I remember it correctly I bought Silverwing in Book Sale (a shop that sells second hand books in the Philippines) after we ate lunch while travelling. I was so bored in the car that I needed something to occupy my free time. I was 11 or 13 at that time. :) I was not as interested in reading books at the time thus the choice in book. I just need something to read. I did enjoyed reading it. Then I later found out that it was part of a series (The Silverwing Saga) so I was quite upset because I don't have the other books to read. After that I started buying classics and other books in different genre. I can say that started my interest in books.

SilverwingSunwing (Silverwing Saga)Firewing (Silverwing Saga)Darkwing

Regarding books in the library, our library here is not as great as libraries in other countries. Lack of books, lack of libraries and well lack of fund? I don't know the reason behind it but it's not as great as to other library. That's why I envy other bloggers who can borrow and request books in their libraries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive