Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Book Review: Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Queen (Harlequin Teen)Title: Iron Queen
Author: Julie Kagawa
Paperback: 368 pages
Publisher: Harlequin; Original edition (January 25, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0373210183
Source: Netgalley

Review:

Julie Kagawa did it again after great success with Iron Kind, Iron Daughter and Winter's Passage. The series keeps getting better and better. Kagawa is a fantastic writer who has given me a world full of magic and fantasy yet provided me with realistic characters that everybody loves to love or hate.

I have read both books 1 and 2 and enjoyed every page of the novels, Iron Queen is no exception. I read it in one sitting and I never regret the time I sat down to read this novel. The story continues with Meghan and Ash after they were exiled in Nevernever by both the Summer and Winter court. Each of the character grew throughout the story and I love them dearly. Meghan faced and challenged herself with her struggles to manage her powers but still do what is right continuing to be the most courageous and trustworthy female heroine there is. Ash is the knight and shinning armor that everybody wants to fall in love with. Every line were just amazing. His dedication and love for Meghan is what every female dreams of experiencing. Puck remains to be the loyal and forgiving best friend that he is through out the book. Grimalkin, my favorite wise cat, is simply awesome. I love how Kagawa made this character so funny, intellectual and playful. The supporting characters in the story also were great. I love how the story progress and it seems that it doesn't stop there. You have to read the book to know what I am talking about! :)

I am so looking forward to reading Iron Knight. :) This is one of the series that I love reading, proud owning and worth recommending. Asides from the battle scenes and slight violence, this book is for everybody. It would be advisable to read it in order and I promise you, it will all be worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive