Friday, February 11, 2011

Book Review: Spiral X by J.J. Westendarp

Spiral X (The Eternal War)Title: Spiral X
Author: J.J. Westendarp
Format: eBook
File Size: 417 KB
Language: English
ASIN: B004A14QAA
Source: author for review

Review:

Cheryl is a Hunter with a great reputation and hard ass attitude. When a new drug was circulated in her territory she goes on a hunt to learn about the harmful drug that doesn't only affect humans but makes them more dangerous than vampires.

Spiral X is like taking Buffy's (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) character infused with Blade's bad ass attitude. Spiral X was surprisingly good and a fast read. I have read a lot of female heroines or female vampire hunters but Cheryl's character felt fresh. She is talented, respected, hard core, yet knows right from wrong but that doesn't stop her from doing something she thinks can get the job done. Virgil, the geek best friend, is a great companion to Cheryl. I love the all-in-one sidekick-best friend-family effect that Virgil has on Cheryl. The Reverend was a shock to me. I wasn't expecting his character though. :) The additional characters are promising and well developed. I loved how Westendarp wrote Spiral X. It was not the typical vampire hunter novel that I always read. A fresh read with the numerous vampire novels today.

The book is a must read! I would like to know if Westendarp is thinking of creating a series for this book. If that will be the case, then count me as one of the number of fans that the book will surely garner. I want more! And additional information which makes the novel rock is the fact that 10% of the total sale will be given to charity - Child's Play Society. A writer to watch out for who has a big heart. Awesome right!?



3 comments:

  1. Sounds fab! I want to read it. Has it been released yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @TheSlowestBookworm - actually yes. It was published last October if I remember it correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! A new follower from Filipino Book Bloggers! Happy Reading! ^^

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive