Monday, February 21, 2011

Book Review: These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauf

These Things HiddenTitle: These Things Hidden
Author: Heather Gudenkauf
Format: eBook
Publisher: Mira; Original edition (January 25, 2011)
ASIN: B004JF6830
Source: Netgalley
Purchase Links: Amazon | B&N

Review:

The story evolves around around four women who are connected with one another because of a boy named Joshua. Allison is the perfect daughter and the golden girl of Linden Falls. She lives a life where she balances both school and sports and became the model student and daughter that everybody envies. Brynn is Allison's sister and lives in her sister's shadow. Their parents always compares the two although they are complete opposites. Charm is a nursing student who is Brynn's classmate in high school that will play a big part of the story and Claire is the owner of Bookends, a mother and the adapted mother of Joshua.

The story is written in narrative form by the four characters which I feared because I might confuse them with one another but that wasn't the case as I read each chapter. I was so hooked up with reading These Things Hidden that I didn't have time to put it down. It was written to beautifully that each character can be distinguished from one another. The author also has an amazing talent in keeping her readers hooked. The story unfolded itself in a timely manner and it contain raw emotions that I often felt sadness for the characters while reading their stories. I enjoyed reading the story although it's a heavy book because of the plot. I recommend this book for everybody! You should definitely include this book in your must-read for 2011. Superb writing from a brilliant writer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive