Thursday, February 17, 2011

BTT: Booking Through Thursday (Feb 17)

What’s the most romantic book you’ve ever read?
(Mind you, I don’t mean the hard-core stuff you hide in plain wrappers under your mattress. I mean True Love, Romance, deeply emotional, heart-tugging, and all that stuff.)
And, secondly, did you like it? Is it your usual kind of reading, or did it take you by surprise?

Answer:

The NotebookI don't really like the romantic genre as much as my other reads but there are few that I do tolerate. One that I really enjoy was The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. I think this is the only book that I read by Sparks. :) Allie and Noah's relationship was so heartbreaking and beautiful. It was a relationship that has faults and challenges and they still fell into each others arms regardless the years.

I had so many nights crying over the movie. Eekk. (I cry easily, even with comedic movies.) I also have a lot of favorite quotes from the movie and I still love them until now.
I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough. 
 Summer romances begin for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common. They're shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, fleeting glimpse of eternity, and in a flash they're gone. 
 Stop thinking about what everyone wants, stop thinking about what I want, what your parents want! What do *you* want Allie? 
I am no one special. Just a common man with common thoughts. I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but in one respect I've succeeded as gloriously as anyone who ever lived. I've loved another with all my heart and soul and for me that has always been enough.  

And if your going to ask me if I'm going to watch the movie or re-read the book, HELL YES. :) Can never get enough of this book.

5 comments:

  1. A Walk to Remember upset me so much that I didn't have it in me to read The Notebook. Maybe one day.
    Sally.
    Here's my answer:
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/02/booking-through-thursday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was actually a difficult question for me. I just couldn't choose one. Check out my answer for this week's Booking Through Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might have to read some Sparks, he seems to be mentioned a lot :-)

    I have some other books on my list: http://mostraum.wordpress.com/2011/02/17/booking-through-thursday-romantic/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I recently read a couple of Sparks novels, and he does do romance pretty well.

    Here's my BOOKIN’ THRU THURSDAY

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive