Monday, February 14, 2011

Review: Play Fling by amber Scott

Play FlingTitle: Play Fling
Author: Amber Scoot
Paperback: 270 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace (January 15, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1451588739
Source: Author
Purchase Links: Amazon | B&N

Review:

Play Fling was a delightful read. It was fun, sassy and sexy. :) The story evolved around 3 main characters: Brooke, Elliot and Millie. Brooke is divorced and tries to build her life from scratch after ending her relationship for 15 years. Millie is Brooke's best friend and her complete opposite. Elliot on the other hand is the young hottie that will try to capture Brooke's attention. The novel is funny and it has it's steamy moments which I might add are written beautifully by Scott.

The characters are so believable it makes the novel so intense. There are moments that you'll just laugh your heart out and times when you feel so sad with the story. This is what I like about a book, it's not only about the boy-meet-girl angle but it also contains some elements that separates the book from the other novels out there. For this novel, it wasn't just aiming to be romantic but also comedic. The plot itself is realistic that I often sympathize with the character and the story, minus the cupid thing. :))  I am not much of a romantic novel fan, but Play Fling was worth reading.

I would like a different ending though. I just felt the later part of the story was rushed. I am definitely looking forward to more Millie and hoping that she will mature in the future. This is my first Amber Scott novel and I definitely love her writing style. Would definitely read her future novels.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive