Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Virtual Tour: The Emperor's Edge by Lindsay Buroker

The Emperor's Edge (a high fantasy mystery in an era of steam)Title: The Emperor's Edge
Author: Lindsay Buroker
Format: eBook
File Size: 379 KB
Language: English
ASIN: B004H1TDB0
Purchase: Amazon | B&N
Source: Book Lovin' Bitches eBook Tour

Review:

I wanted a book that is different from the paranormal novels I have been reading lately, something that isn't too dark yet isn't boring. I decided to read The Emperor's Edge and was expecting an okay book but it exceeded my expectations! I might deduce that The Emperor's Edge is a sequel to Encrypted but it far from that although it contains the same elements and a character as the later but it is solely independent.

What was fascinating for me while reading this book was how funny it was. That was the most shocking part for me or was I comparing it too closely to Encrypted. As  usual Sicarius was as efficient as he was being an assassin. The same cold-hearted, calculating,  and mean killing machine but somewhat mellow. :)

Amaranthe is truly the balance in the book. She is my type of girl. Strong, loyal, curious and mischievous. The supporting characters were also A-mazing. I couldn't asked anything more from this book. There were enough sci-fi, great scenes and heart pounding adventure and comedy. The pace of the book was fast, the chapters weren't boring and the characters we're independent with one another. The ending was great and I couldn't ask for more. I highlighted a number of lines in the book that I just have to remember. 

Buroker did an amazing job. One of the authors you should watch out. I highly recommend reading her books, and will definitely read her other novel. Sci-fi enthusiast, people who wants to read hard core adventure, read something refreshing yet extremely good - this is your book. But I have to ask, Miss Buroker is there a next book to this one? :) Heeheh. More adventures with the elite Emperor's Edge, complete with the gang?



3 comments:

  1. Aw, thank you for the nice review! I won't tell Sicarius you (and Amaranthe) called him mellow. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lindsay - hahaha! don't worry if I do meet Sicarius, I'll run for my life. :)) I so love his character. :) Btw, thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review! I will look this up! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive