Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Virtual Tour: The Haunted E-Book by JL Bryan

The Haunted E-bookTitle: The Haunted E-book
Author: JL Bryan
Format: eBook
File Size: 385 KB
Publisher: JLBryanbooks.com (December 31, 2010)
Language: English
ASIN: B004HO5WYY
Purchase Links: Amazon 

Review:

The story is about Dee who is a librarian by profession. Dee's life is somewhat nonexistent except for a crappy boyfriend, her passion in books and the library, and her cat. One day Dee reads a horror book, a genre which she doesn't really read, and it changed her life entirely - and not in a good way.

The Haunted E-book is a story about an obsessed killer during the 19th century who kills people out of his passion for writing. As Dee reads the story, strange things are happening not only with the book but also with her life. Dee later finds out that the story in the books are real, the ghost is not in her imagination and her life is about to end unless she finishes the book.

JL Bryan did an amazing job with The Hunted E-Book. It was fresh, fascinating and creepy. The characters were well develop and though I had a hard time reading at first because it was like reading a book in a book sort of thing, it was a fast read. I always admire how Bryan write believable characters and creepy images that can really make you fear the night. I was just hoping that there were more about the other characters in the book, more background and more development. I also would have loved a more complicated and twisty confrontation with Dee and the ghost - especially in the part where Dee was trying to stop the ghost - the ending was on my opinion cut abruptly but that only made me crave a sequel for the book (hinting for a sequel Bryan, please!). In summary, I loved the book. Would definitely re-read it again and will certainly recommend it to people. Another great read from an amazing indie author.

To all ghost lovers, mystery seekers and horror fanatics - grab JL Bryans The Haunted E-Book and you will never regret reading it too!



6 comments:

  1. I was interested in reading your reveiw of this book but found it too difficult to read over the background images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sandy - I kept the background plain but I think the font size is too small for some. :) I'll definitely keep that in mind when I redesign my theme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just received this book in the mail! I'm very excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been following Byran's tour and am very excited about reading his book. I love creepy and ghost stories and enjoyed your great review, which makes me want to read it even more. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Shanella - oh yey for you. :) It's a great read. Creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jon - hey Jon. Bryan has been receiving a lot of great review and praises because his books are worth reading. :) enjoy your book.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive