Monday, September 26, 2011

Review: Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris

Cover of "Dead as a Doornail (Southern Va...Cover via AmazonTitle: Dead as a Doornail (The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series #5)
Author: Charlaine Harris
Pages: 295
Publisher: ACE
ISBN: 0441013333

When she is not waitressing or preoccupied with her own amorous adventures, telepath Sookie Stackhouse is tracking down a serial killer of shapeshifters. Her sleuthing is partly altruistic, but she's also trying to save her were-panther brother, Jason, who has become the chief suspect in the crime. A three-ring circus of sexy supernaturalism.

Review:


Sookie is at it again. Dead as a Doornail picks up where Dead to the World ended and it continues with Jason, Sookie's brother, becoming a werepanther after being bit several times by Felton Norris. Jason actually loved the transition which Sookie wasn't expecting. In addition to Jason's transformation, Sookie is yet confronted by a series of events that made her life a little harder, exciting, and dangerous for her preference. Someone has been shooting and targeting shifters all over Louisiana, the election of the new Shreveport pack leader was undergoing, her house got burnt down, Tara is being harassed by a new vampire lover. 


I was a bit disappointed with this book, I think it's because of my high expectation of how Harris will continue with the drama and complexity of the stories especially after what happened in book 4. I wasn't so into the book, I just read it to know what is happening with who and what to expect with the next installment. I just felt that Harris kept putting scenarios on top of each other into one book when she could have eliminated some of the subplot but still got a great story out of it. I just noticed that this kept happening to most of the books in the series and as exciting as it sounds, most of the time it's irritating - or that's just me. I just felt that this book wasn't as thrilling as exciting as the previous novels. And oh in addition to that, I think there's another suitor in line for Sookie - well what do you expect? Almost every male seems to want her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive