Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Review: The Memphisto Covenant by Trinity Faegan

Title: The Memphisto Covenant
Author: Trinity Faegan
Pages: 439
Publisher: EgmontUSA
ISBN: 160684170X
Source: Netgalley

Sasha is desperate to find out who murdered her father. When getting the answer means pledging her soul to Eryx, she unlocks a secret that puts her in grave danger—she is an Anabo, a daughter of Eve, and Eryx’s biggest threat.
A son of Hell, immortal, and bound to Earth forever, Jax looks for redemption in the Mephisto Covenant—God’s promise he will find peace in the love of an Anabo. After a thousand years, he’s finally found the girl he’s been searching for: Sasha.
With the threat of Eryx always looming, Jax knows he has to keep Sasha safe and win her over.  But can he? Will Sasha love him and give up her mortal life?

Review:

At first I was hesitant to read this book since it got mixed reviews - I was trying to see which weighs more. The reviews that I kept reading, or my urge to read it because I found it soooo intriguing. Well, I set aside the review and decided to succumb to my urge to read it. Plus look at that lovely cover! :D

Sasha is still trying to understand and learn the story behind her father's death - she was so desperate for answers that she wanted to try anything possibly to learn the truth. She was invited to join a secret society that promised to provide her with everything that she desires and that's where everything started.

I seemed to have a lot of emotions with this book. There were a lot of times that I felt sad and even pitied the characters for all their struggles.  The conflict between Sasha and Jax was irritating but I somehow had to agree with it because of the nature of the characters. Sasha being an Anabo who doesn't know about sin and was born pure and free from temptation and Jax who was a Memphisto and a complete opposite of Sasha. I found myself commenting a lot of time to Sasha to just admit that she did want Jax in spite of his nature. The moment I got passed the first few pages, I got sucked and read the book until I finished it. It was very intriguing, the story being told in Sasha and Jax's point of views was confusing at first but soon became very engaging and added depth to the book. I would have love to read more of Eryx though. I felt that he wasn't too visible in the book to think he was supposedly the main villain in the story. The ending seemed to be abrupt and I thought that it needed more. But overall, The Memphisto Covenant is recommended. Caution to young readers though for the violence and the sexual content in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive