Thursday, October 27, 2011

Review: The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

Title: The Iron Knight (Iron Fey Series #4)
Author: Julie Kagawa
Pages: 386
Publisher: Harlequin
ISBN: 0373210361
Source: Netgalley

My name—my True Name—is Ashallayn'darkmyr Tallyn.
I am the last remaining son of Mab, Queen of the Unseelie Court. And I am dead to her.
My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl…
Review:

I am actually lost with words on how to describe how beautifully and perfectly the series ended with The Iron Queen. Reading The Iron Queen actually gave me tears since one of my favorite series was ending but learning that Kagawa is adding another novel made my heart jump. The Iron Knight didn't just made me shed a tear or two, I felt an array of different emotions that made my experience reading the series worth remembering.

In The Iron Knight Ash, Puck, Grimalkin and The Big Bad Wolf embarked in a challenge to the end of the world for Ash's last quest and mission. The adventures isn't only dangerous, it is life changing for everybody in the journey. There were a lot of twist and memorable moments in the book. I felt despair and sadness, I had so much laugh with how hilarious this bunch can be in spite encountering dangerous mission, their undying camaraderie, I also felt love and being loved back from the characters - and a lot more. There were a lot of times that I held my breathe as I was consumed by the story. Thinking about it, it is actually hard to write a review that will give justice on this book.

The Iron Knight didn't disappoint, it actually exceeded my expectations! It was as spectacular as the first three books and boy did I enjoy every page of this novel. Fast paced and never a dull moment. You will definitely adore how Kagawa writes her stories, no wonder a lot of readers follow and fell in love with this series - including me.  Julie Kagawa has introduced us with a series that is worth recommending, re-reading and remembering with the Iron Fey series. I am sad that the series is over but I am satisfied that there weren't loose ends and everything fitted perfectly and ended at the right time. The Iron Knight definitely deserves more than 5 stars!


1 comment:

  1. I heard about this book and the series...I wasn't sure I really wanted to read this, but thanks to review I'm putting this on my Maybe-list. Great review!

    BTW, I'm a new follower. I love your blog! it's cute. Looking forward to future posts.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive