Monday, November 7, 2011

Review: Carrier Of The Mark by Leigh Fallon

Title: Carrier Of The Mark
Author: Leigh Fallon
Pages: 342
Publisher: HarperTeen
ISBN0062027875 

Their love was meant to be.
When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, everything in her life seems to fall into place. After growing up in America, she's surprised to find herself feeling at home in her new school. She connects with a group of friends, and she is instantly drawn to darkly handsome Adam DeRÍs.
But Megan is about to discover that her feelings for Adam are tied to a fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that brought them together could be their ultimate destruction.

Review:

Okay where do I begin? Hmmmmmm. Arrrrrrrgg! I can't even think of a sentence to start this review properly. Okay wait, to start I picked up Carrier of the Mark because 1.) it has a fantastic story, and 2.) gorgeous cover and 3.) curiosity so what did I get out of this? Disappointment. I can't even start writing down what I hated most about this book - I am lost with words.

I won't go into details what the book is all about but basically it's about a girl who moves to Ireland who later fell in love with a boy instantly and soon discovers that she is something else entirely or rather a person who has powers that she wasn't aware that she had.

Okay now what I didn't like about the book. Hmmmmmm. Okay, I don't have any issues with books that have insta-love themes. I am all for it but somehow Carriers of the Mark wasn't as effective as some books with similar themes. It wasn't as explosive as it should be - it was mushy, irritating and flat for me. The characters were also flat. Although the book was a fast read, I read it longer than expected, I wasn't connecting to the story as I hoped I would be. I realized that I keep sighing and rolling my eyes reading through the pages and not to mention the great similarities it has with the Twilight series. Seriously!

I had high hopes for this book but it doesn't impress me as it should have. I was sad and disappointed after reading the book. Actually, I almost came to putting it in a DNF pile but decided otherwise thinking that the book might redeem itself but after the last pages - nothing. Anyway, for sure there are readers who loved reading this and who would love to read this, I am just not one of them.


1 comment:

  1. I read this on inkpop and liked it, but it still had kinks to work out like the romance and characters. I'm sad they weren't fixed for the finished copy:( Thanks for the review!
    -Danna
    http://friendlyreaderohyeah.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive