Thursday, December 22, 2011

Review: Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder

Title: Touch of Power (Healer Series #1)
Author: Maria V. Snyder
Pages: 400
Publisher: MIRA
ISBN0778313077 
Source: Netgalley
Laying hands upon the injured and dying, Avry of Kazan assumes their wounds and diseases into herself. But rather than being honored for her skills, she is hunted. Healers like Avry are accused of spreading the plague that has decimated the Territories, leaving the survivors in a state of chaos. 
Stressed and tired from hiding, Avry is abducted by a band of rogues who, shockingly, value her gift above the golden bounty offered for her capture. Their leader, an enigmatic captor-protector with powers of his own, is unequivocal in his demands: Avry must heal a plague-stricken prince—leader of a campaign against her people. As they traverse the daunting Nine Mountains, beset by mercenaries and magical dangers, Avry must decide who is worth healing and what is worth dying for. Because the price of peace may well be her life.
Review:

Touch of Power is about Avry of Kazan who is one of the healer set out to save people with the use of her power. Being condemned by the people, Avry is forced to go on hiding to avoid being executed since healers were believed to be the ones who started the plague.

This is the first novel I have from Snyder. I can definitely say that Snyder is a great storyteller - very creative when it comes to re-creating a world so vast and full of fantasy and magic. I was drawn into the story from the beginning. I love how the story was told but there are times that I found the story was too slow for my taste. Regardless, I was too hooked with the story that I continued reading and was happy that I finished it. The characters were awesome. Avry was smart, charming, and witty. Kerrick had his highlights and I love the stone cold vibe he was showing from the start. Tohon was purely evil - what I expect from a villain yet charming in a wicked way. The other characters were so funny and lovable all throughout the novel.

I would loved a little history more regarding the history and the characters but all throughout this book is an awesome read. Highly recommended for fantasy readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave some love and I'll get back to you soon lovelies. <3

Search

Archive